Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's a Girl!!!

Thursday morning, Sax called very early from the fire station. Asked, "guess what happened this morning". I thought maybe he'd been promoted, as he is number 2 on the list. No, someone left a BABY on the porch at the fire station. The station is labeled as a Safe Baby Site, and babies can be left, no questions asked. This baby was left, unattended, but they can be literally handed over to a fireman and walk away. This little girl is soooo cute. She had been slipped into a pillowcase, then wrapped in a blanket and put in a laundry basket. I'm figuring whoever did it had been watching the station to see what time the guys got up, so she wouldn't be left out too long. One of the guys opened the front door and almost tripped over her. They called an ambulance to check her out. She was brand new. Got her all cleaned up, wrapped in a heat wrap and then took her to a hospital. If I knew how to get a picture from Sax's phone to this site, I would post a picture. Anyway, Baby Noelle is safe and sound and will be up for adoption.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Did you name her baby Noelle?