Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Man and his mules

On my way home yesterday, I passed a man on the side of the road with two pack mules. For those of you who don't know, my road to work is 20 miles on a Farm-to-Market road. On my way to work this morning, I passed him again and he'd only gone about a mile. I figured he must have camped overnight and was just setting out. I called mom and told her to go look for him, see what his story was. She went to the store and got apples, bananas, then to Sonic for a breakfast burrito and cranberry slush. She finally found him, about two miles north of where I had last seen him. When I called to see if she'd found him, she had and he asked to speak to me. Thanked me for sending her out and told me a little about himself. He is taking his two mules and going to Wisconsin for his thirtieth class reunion. He gave mom a card that has his name, phone numbers and a website to that people can track him.

http://jubileetrump51.googlepages.com

Seems to be quite an interesting fellow. He's going to send a postcard when he reaches Wisconsin.

No comments: